Friday, June 26, 2009

Did zoozoo eat Vodafone??



This is branding at its best. The maverick Mr. Piyush Pandey from O&M has scored big time, the Zoozoo storm has taken over and given Vodafone a complete makeover or so we think. The other day I was having a discussion with some peers in the office and they seem to remember the zoozoo but not the service it markets like the alerts, call rates etc.

You can check the videos here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqndA5F3i8

Maybe I am not a subject matter expert but I guess zoozoo has become bigger than Vodafone or has it?? We cannot with certainity say that it has had a major impact on the cash registers..or has it.



Well lets cut open the strategy...layman style..Vodafone certainly is a well evolved brand and at the pedestal in the brand cycle. Maybe it didn require a Zoozoo to reestablish the brand as against the competitors or maybe it did to shake off the pug image..but than thats too much cost to do just that.

The earlier commercials of Vodafone that had people and emotions like that guy who was about to propose to the girl and everyone in the way seemed to know about it..SMS at 10 paisa or something was perfect effective in drawing a common frame of reference with the TA.



What my point is.... is this media wastage, if we call it that?? or plain satisfying the agency appetite for something sensational. Was the cannibalization worth the buck??

I am not denying the ingenuity or the freshness in the campaign but I am questioning the strategy...does anyone have an answer??

No comments:

Post a Comment