Tuesday, July 21, 2009

will traditional media DIE........

Well its too early to predict that but the prognosis is that its suffering from cancer. Ya..and hell it is a cancer called the INTERNET. Now I didn mean to portray internet as some ominous thing but then if you are in advertising better get online.

I have been a fan of traditional media advertising..and seriously love some good work but except for some really small portion I guess rest all is crap. I hate when marketers waste loads on a shitty TVC because thats in their budget..its criminal.

On the other hand theres the Internet with a booming population and ever increasing reach... which is measurable, interactive and totally coast effective. There are agencies like Pinstorm.com who work on the pay for performance model as opposed to the prehistoric retainership model.....which is more effective????

your TA is out there..look even twitter managed to cross 600k users in India alone
http://www.pluggd.in/twitter-traffic-in-india-297/



Though there are some drawbacks of the medium itself but its amazing and I wonder whether it will ever provide the kind of platform like television to create some kick ass work..well even Sir Martin Sorrell was skeptical in his interview with AFAQS but did not play down the growing importance of internet.

You better don't take my word for it...Lets get some dope....
There is a report by webchutney an online agency...interesting facts
16945866 Web Chutney Digital Media Outlook Report 2009

Death or no death..but internet is here to stay and is changing marketing perspectives already..check this


Only time will tell......

No comments:

Post a Comment